Announcement

Visit us now at Facebook and Instagram

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

I like Ang Pows

Today, I have one confession to make is that I really like to collect Ang Pows. Who doesn't? :)


But what I really mean is the red envelopes not the $$$ inside them. Ang Pow envelope is one of my collectable. As you know, Ang Pow envelopes go by many different names and are commonly known as “laisee”,  “hung bao”, “Ang Pow” or “red packet”. 



Nowadays, they come in all different colours and sizes although they are mainly red color. The envelopes main use is for Chinese New Year, birthdays, weddings or any other important event where a gift of money is given. These envelopes are seen as extremely auspicious when given as a gift. 


It's an instant mood lifter whenever I receive Ang Pow with nice and unique design. The usual image on the front of an Ang Pow is a symbolisation of blessings and good wishes of long life, success and good health to the receiver of the envelope but in this modern times, a lot of manufacturers incorporate some interesting designs to make the Ang Pow look more attractive. :)



The other day, I wore this design above in red from Myss Closet. The cut and material used is really awesome. Comes in only 1 size, fits all. I super love the lace at the back as it is very sexy, bold and classy.